Friday, August 22, 2008

this and that...

News that interested me
whats up with Mccain paris hilton campaign..presidential race has become so cheap now..who wants a next president who gets into a childish fued with paris hilton?
Shouldnt presidential advertisements be serious specially with a bad economy, troubled war times..
cant even believe they have an add comparing obama with brittany and paris..shows how low they can stoop too.
This VP guess game, via cell phone announcements etc., good marketing move from obama, but doesnt it sound all commercial and jazzy...
whats up with anthrax scare..
a govt. scientist doing that cant even believe it..how can a scientist do this scaring people and putting someone at risk..
whats up with Anderson cooper..commenting on Lohans..
come on anderson you can do better than that..why are u talking about stuff like this..what happened to the anderson I adore who cares about darfur, cango,katrina victims,chimps in africa..
water on Mars finally..60 minutes has interesting news on our space programs..
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/04/60minutes/main3994925.shtml
on a easy new cancer cure from a cancer patient
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/10/60minutes/main4006951.shtml
what else..
Life has kept me busy..
too many new screens to develop at work for new diseases, important projects, people to train..work is leaving me exhausted..
busy volunteering every weekend..cant believe..every weekend I volunteer atleast one day...so weekends are also busy..
first salvation army food drive which went so so well, raised 400 dollars and two wagon loads food cans to keep the food bank from closing until christmas which was so good..heping some 500 families feeding them during this sad tough economy times.. I was very happy about this food drive..I donated a lot of my money too for salvation army food drive,least I can do helpthe people of this country who gave me a job and food to eat..
then a bone marrow drive again my third one this year last weekend which went well..hopefully cure for cancer patients..
then volunteering at temple.. even this weekend sunday I have a four hour volunteering at the temple..
Last weekend was vara lakshmi pooja , so i did pooja at home , one peaceful day..it went well.. with flowers, fruits, panchamrut, I did a very traditional lakshmi pooja at home and made jelebi and dahi vada and vada as naivedyam to goddess..One evening of quite prayer...
otherwise rest of the days were superbusy last four weeks..
Iam just a lil down and tired..
too much voluntary work and may be Iam missing having a family, having kids..now I finally feel like it is time for me to get married..all my girlfriends praying for my marriage are already coming up with middle names for my future kids since they are praying for my marriage , I have to give my kids middle names of my friends...too bad I dont even know how to find a guy for myself..Iam sure God is having a tough time
what else..
went to BOdies exhibition in Indy..
Bodies exhibition is not that scary, yes these are real deadbodies without skin and everything else, but they dont smell and they are not that scary..
Dont miss this exhibition, it is pretty good..
I thought I will freakout but strangely I did not freakout ..I didnot get scared..
may be it is scientist in me was looking at everything dazed and curious..learning about myself, my own body...
It was an education for me..
strangely though Iam a girl I am not conscious of my body at all, never dream of my wedding or anything that much..I dont think I ever understood my own body or beauty that much....
Iam like a little girl or a child sometimes...it is as if Iam in this extended phase of childhood for a long time and I liked being free, not being romantically involved, liked the adventerous and carefree life until recently..and then suddenly matured too much to become kind of prematurely senile after seeing so much pain specially my dads leukemia and all that..it is as if youth, romance, motherhood, dream of looking beautiful,marriage ,dreams slipped away somewhere...I dont think I ever understood my own body...
Iam kind of boy as most of my friends put it , I take 5 minutes to dress up, just wash my face with soap and Iam ready..I am not a typical girl..never been to beauty parlors and dont look at myself in mirror that long either, though have long hair I take 2 minutes to comb my hair like guys..only time I feel girlish is when I like chik flicks, soft romances, babies, cooking etc.,Iam very shy too like any other girl..
like all other girls strangely life has taught me not to dream...
so I kinda of never dreamed much about marriage, or having children or anything..I do miss not having a soulmate and not having children but never saw myself as a woman or bride or mother dont even know why..so never imagined myself with a big belly carrying a baby..
Until I saw bodies exhibition with small tiny babies who are 3 weeks to 8 months old, I didnot even realise that someday I will be carrying a baby in my womb too..the whole thing is just amazing. it makes u understand urself..it makes u understand what all ur body is capable of doing.
Bodies exhibition left me wondering what all amazing things our bodies can do..
I saw a lot of movies at home:
sarkar raj this weekend:
It was an interesting movie..kinda realistic in present day India..
Amitabh reminded me of my dad many times..
I remember growing up in a very tensed surroundings...my dad was stabbed because he stood for his ideals when I was barely 5 years old..then it would be the people who hated my dad for running single handedly his schools and colleges who tried to destroy his institutions by provoking students to go against my dad..me , grandma would hug when students through stones at our house for no issues, my dad struggled through out to keep up with his ideals with people trying to break him down allthe time until they could no longer stop his success..
I saw that in sarkar raj, everywhere struggles , life like a chess game people playing games all the time.
I kinda liked sarkar raj though it is sad..
just the story direction and amitabhs acting.. it was mumbai, saketu mehtas mumbai...u are reminded of political groups in mumbai..ram gopal verma seems to be a very fine director..I like movies sometimes with no romance..no song..no dance..just realistic ones with powerful dialogues which are contemporary..that youthful idealism that struggles with gundagiri,powerful political games...idealism dying in the hands of corrupt people..
good movie worth watching dont miss it..
then watched Singh is the king.
Singh is the king is just another masala movie, like the small town world innocence but it is just too loud..not a bad movie but it is just another movie..nothing special..katrina cannot act and is a beautiful glamour doll.. I think Akshay is ok as singh with turban...nothing memorable..just barely time pass.
I also saw bachna eh haseenon..
Ranbir kapoor movie who is ok ok actor, story is realistic and good..men finally repenting for dumping girls and saying sorry, I like that..all the girls except deepika look too old for Ranbir like elder sisters...too bad..deepika stands out and is cute..nice locations and shots..story is interesting..so a ok realistic movie to watch about todays romances..Iam like that deepikas character career oriented straight forward girl...Deepikas character reminded me so much of myself..
anyways..
Iam reading Salman Rushdies enchantress of florence..Iam at probably 280th page.
It has been an interesting ride unlike any rushdie novel I read before.
first 50 pages was good, then it became a history lesson next 50 pages that I almost could not even find the stamp of rushdies writing in those pages, pages 100 to 200 I could find rushdie again in those characters which are pretty unique and interesting, then again pages 200 onwards he lost me, in the same repetition , it gets confusing at the end where u tend to forget ur characters with so many new names that towards ending it leaves u bored to finish, leaves u confused.
None of rushdies earlier novels are like this, this is the worst of all but, probably he might land up with a booker for his historic attempt and unique imagination and story line connecting two continents.
what else..
I got a lot of new novels from library chetan bhagats hit indian novel "one night at call center"..some amitav ghosh, some this years bookers novels..so long list of books to read.
lots of books to read., ofcourse volunteering every weekend leaves me exhausted..so when I get time I read these days..so much to catch up..
life is superbusy workholic life and rest of time goes away in social service helping community..so there goes my life..less blogging, less internet,less socializing until may be soulmate comes sweeps me off my feet and just takes me to a different world which is more relaxing ..until then..woods are lovely dark and deep, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep..