Saturday, May 10, 2008

life this week...




obama rally in Indy...


Asian festival photos...
Last week I stood in line for 4hrs and finally attended obama rally, saw him and heard his speech..it was wonderful and exhausting too...his speech made sense..
campaigning for obama was also fun..It is wonderful to see young students come from california, chicago and all over US to campaign for obama staying in supporters houses..I campaigned with a friend of mine and we both enjoyed it. Glad it was a close finish..I admire Hillary too, she also worked so hard to be where she is, being a woman making this far in a mans world is commendable..
today I went for Asian festival..
Asian festival..it was fun to watch dances from different countries.. Iam glad they organized it, they had a booth selling lovely Indian clothes too and there was some good indian food too..
I went to volunteer after the asian festival today..
Volunteering activity organised by temple was also good today..though I have to admit my shoulders and body got exhausted , hopefully tomorrow morning I wont get up with body pains...
Finally after I got home today and checked my mail I had a sweet surprise.. today after 12 years in US and 8 years of waiting I got my green card..
It was such a long journey..
thanks to Indiana senators who helped me track my application which I thought was almost lost..
I waited for my green card for so so long..thought will celebrate big time when I get green card...
but Iam so exhausted after volunteering today that I dont even have energy to celebrate. anyway my family is not around, dad passed away..people I wanted to celebrate with are either far away and gone from this universe for good..may be if I had a soulmate I could have celebrated with him...having no one I really love around it doesnot make much sense to celebrate either...that is how my life goes...
books Iam reading right now
Obamas - Audacity of hope which is another good one from obama about his political life and political opinions.
Hari Kunzrus - My revolutions which Iam thoroughly enjoying reading...Hari kunzrus novels keep me interested always...
Alvin Tofflers - Revolutionary wealth..which is another great book on future from Alvin and Heidi Toffler , the power intellectual couple who write together..
Dont I wish I get a hubby who is a writer too...two people writing together is fun..
I didnot watch any movies except for a couple of songs here and there.
Life has been so busy working and if it is not work it is organizing volunteer activities and volunteering...
A friend of mine recently asked me if Iam looking for a hubby, I said I hardly have time or energy, friend adviced me to stop doing lok kalyan with my volunteering and think about myself and my life..
may be I should do that..
I barely manage to cook, clean, catch up with household chores these days..
when I get time I read or write..
hopefully next few weeks would be more relaxing..next weekend I am volunteering again..so there goes my life...